Escorted group visits last approximately an hour and include:
- Watching ropes made
by the traditional method.
- Viewing the ropeworks video.
- A tour of the factory and shop.
How to book
- YOU TELEPHONE or Email to check
that your preferred time and date is available.
- WE MAKE a provisional booking, following your telephone call or Email.
- YOU COMPLETE AND RETURN the booking form.
- WE ACKNOWLEDGE and confirm your booking in writing and send you a sketch
map of Hawes and our location, including suggested parking areas,
with a work sheet (photocopiable) if required.
How to pay
£1.90 per person, paid on arrival the day of the visit (supervising
adults are free). Cheques, credit cards or cash (for which a receipt will be
given) are all acceptable; cheques should be made payable to W.R. Outhwaite & Son.
We are always pleased to help if you need any further information.
W R Outhwaite & Son, Ropemakers
Town Foot, Hawes
Tel: 44 (0) 1969 667487 Fax: 44 (0) 1969 667576
P.S. WHEN PLANNING TRAVEL please allow approximately 1 hour's driving time
from either the A1 or the M6 to reach Hawes. There is car and coach parking
in the Old Station car park (adjacent to our premises).